Hollywood Mom Blog is giving the invaluable gift of top notch“inside information” for our Hollywood Moms and Dads this holiday season!
Our friend, Irene “The Dray” Dreayer, Executive Producer of “The Suite Life on Deck” is revealing the Top 5 Mistakes she sees aspiring child actors make. Later this week, we will be sharing the Dray’s newest project, “The Dray Way” mentoring program for aspiring child and teen actors, in addition to an exclusive two-part interview with The Dray herself.
The Dray’s the Top 5 Child Actor No No’s:
1. The career some kids aspire to is not their dream…they are making someone else happy, i.e. the parents!
2. It’s great to aspire to have a career like Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Raven-Symoné or Dylan and Cole Sprouse, but you have to carve out your own path and not mimic your idol’s career. Be your own type of performer. The key is to be true to yourself and be proud of who you are.
3. Being unprepared in auditions. Meaning, not understanding the character you are reading for, not listening in character and not taking direction. For example, when asked to do the scene a different way, some young actors don’t have the ability yet to do that. As a result, the actor unfortunately ends up doing the reading exactly the same way.
4. Don’t arrive at an audition sick…stay home!! Cough-Cough…a No-No!
5. If a young actor does have success and they’re not prepared for [success] and don’t understand what comes with being famous. For example dealing with Paparazzi, constant interruptions in any normal activity, too much exposure on Twitter, Facebook, etc. I say, keep your personal information to yourself and off these sites.
Catch up with HMB later this week for the first half of an incredible two-part interview with one of the biggest talents in town, Irene Dreayer. And Happy Holidays!