UPDATE: The big winner was Child actor Davis Desmond and his Hollywood Dad, Dave! Here is a photo of Davis and his best friend MJ on the Comikaze 2014 red carpet Sunday!
L.A.’s Biggest Comic & Pop Culture Convention to Host Celebrities, Activities, Contests and More for Comic, Horror, Sci-Fi and Gaming Fans – Plus the Ultimate Trick-or-Treating Experience
Stan Lee’s 4th annual Comikaze Weekend 2014 – “Where Pop Culture Rules the Universe” – will be at the Los Angeles Convention Center on Halloween this weekend, October 31st – November 2nd
This is our city’s very own pop culture convention for comic book, horror, gaming and sci-fi fans and it is bigger and better than ever with 300,000 square feet of activities and attractions, interactive games, celebrity appearances and panels, contests and much more.
“When we started in 2011, we set the record as the largest comic convention debut in the world – and we have grown in amazing leaps and bounds since then,” said Regina Carpinelli, President and Founder of Comikaze Entertainment Inc. “Comikaze is the ultimate gathering of the coolest in sci-fi, comic, gaming and horror – and will give fans a Halloween experience they will simply never forget.”
“Comikaze 2014 is the only place on earth to be over Halloween weekend,” said Stan Lee. “Comikaze 2014 is the ultimate celebration of LA’s culture of entertainment and we’ve brought the best pop culture elements to the greatest city around – Los Angeles.”
Comikaze 2014 Highlights:
- Ultimate Halloween Trick-or-Treat: On Halloween day, join LA’s Ultimate Trick-or-Treat experience. Comikaze is the BEST and SAFEST place to trick-or-treat in the city! Halloween night only, featuring hundreds of candy-giving exhibitors, costume contest, fright and fun in a safe, indoor environment.
- Celebrity Appearances: autograph sessions and photo opportunities with Stan Lee, Elvira, Adam West, Julie Newmar, Gwendoline Christie and Alfie Allen (“Game of Thrones”), John Barrowman (“Arrow”, “Doctor Who”), the cast of My Little Pony, manga LEGEND Kazuo Koike, and many more.
- Comic Book Artist and Writer Appearances: autograph and photo opportunities with some of the best and most influential comic professionals in the industry, including Jim Lee, Rob Liefeld, Marc Silvestri, J. Scott Campbell, Brian Michael Bendis, John Romita, Jr., Kevin Smith and more.
- Tetris® 30th Anniversary Celebration: Be a part of a Guinness Book of World Records attempt for Tetris® .
- Spike and Mike’s 30th Anniversary Festival of Animation: a one-night only (Nov 1) special event featuring brand new screenings of the 2014 ‘Sick & Twisted Halloween Special’ (18+ Only), ‘Pop Culture Animation Festival’ (18+ Only), & ‘Spike & Mike’s 30th Anniversary Celebration’ (11+ recommended).
- Geek Couture Fashion Show: Geek inspired apparel, hosted by Castle Corsetry.
- Cosplay Contest: The highly-anticipated Cosplay contest, with over $10,000 cash and additional prizes.
- Anime Attractions: including screenings of the HD release of Cowboy Bebop, Volumes 9 & 10 of Hellsing Ultimate, Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist and loads more! Courtesy of FUNimation and Crunchyroll.
- Sunday Family Day: featuring a Power Rangers Megaforce panel, comic book instructional panels, “Land of the Lost” reunion, the voices of the Teen Titans and more!
- Hot Topic once again joins Comikaze as the Main Stage sponsor, and will also return to the convention floor with the Hot Topic booth featuring Comikaze exclusives, fan giveaways, and the best pop culture apparel around. And of course, #HotTopicTuesday returns, giving away cool swag each week leading up to Comikaze.
- Friday, Oct. 31st – 1:00PM – 7:00PM
- Saturday, Nov. 1st – 9:00AM – 7:00PM
- Sunday, Nov. 2nd – 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Location: Los Angeles Convention Center, 1201 S. Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90015
Ages: All ages welcome, kids 12 and under admitted FREE with adult ticket purchase
- 3-day show pass: $70.00
- 1-day show pass: $30.00
- Kids 12 and under: free, accompanied by paid adult admission
- Multiple VIP add-on packages available
- Info at http://comikazeexpo.com/
“Comikaze has something for everyone – a trick-or-treat experience for kids, tons of exciting celebrity appearances, panels, contests and more,” said Gill Champion, President and CEO of POW! Entertainment. “Los Angeles is the one and only home for a Stan Lee comic and pop-culture convention.”
Thanks to the generous Folks at COMIKAZE 2014 – we are giving away a family 4 pack! That’s right! 4 tickets to one day this weekend. To enter – leave remarks in the “reply to” section balow telling us and Stan Lee why YOU and your family should be our winners!
About Comikaze Expo
Stan Lee’s Comikaze is Los Angeles’ first and only large-scale, multi-media pop culture exposition. Held annually at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Comikaze assembles the most exciting and innovative talents in comics, video games, sci-fi, fantasy, horror and all things pop-culture. Partnering with comic legend Stan Lee and Elvira Mistress of the Dark, Comikaze is the only pop-culture convention owned and operated by true pop-culture icons. Having attracted 55,000 fans from around the country in only its third year, Stan Lee’s Comikaze is quickly growing into one of the most diverse and celebrated geek and pop-culture events in the United States. The 2013 event housed over 600 diverse artists and vendors, selling exclusive, rare and limited editions of comics, collectibles, art, toys and other hard-to-find merchandise. The event’s unique panels, autograph sessions and photo-ops give fans once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to truly interact with their favorite creators and major players in the entertainment industry. Additional information may be found at http://comikazeexpo.com/