If you’re at all like me, procrastinating and generally in denial, it’s mid-December and you’re just now beginning to think about your holiday shopping. Here’s the good news, there are still a bevy of bargains to be had and if you’re living in Los Angeles or New York, those holiday deals are right in your backyard.
1. BRANDY MELVILLE: Hollywood Moms of teen girls rejoice – the brand known for it’s relaxed, urban-chic apparel is hosting a Holiday Sample Sale on Sunday, December 15th in Los Angeles. Prices will be $5, $10, and $15 for signature women’s tees, fashion tops, sweaters, knits, skirts, pants, dresses.
Remember this is CASH ONLY! Here are the particulars:
December 15, 2013 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Brandy Melville Warehouse Sale
664 S Santa Fe Ave
Los Angeles , CA 90021
2. PHONE CASES ON ETSY: Whether you’re kid is a Star Wars Fan or ravenous for all these “Hunger Games,” Etsy has a phone case for you. Not only are most of the phone cases much more creative than those in the stores, they’re offered at a fraction of the price. The Hans SOlo iPhone case is only $6.90 and the Hunger Games phone case will only set you back $12.99 – now that’s what I call having “the odds be ever in your favor.” Sorry – I couldn’t resist.
3. STILLA COSMETICS WAREHOUSE SALE: Uber Popular with both Hollywood Moms and their discriminating daughters, Stila Cosmetics is hosting a Los Angeles Warehouse Sale again this year on December 14th. The savings are up to 80% off hundreds of varied beauty products, including: makeup, skincare items, fragrances, and tools.
Special early bird bonus: The first 25 people in line will receive a free Moment Eye Shadow Palette.
Saturday, December 14, 2013 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Stila Cosmetics Warehouse Sale at The Doll Factory
1910 W Temple St.
Los Angeles , CA 90026
4. BACKSTAGE SUBSCRIPTION: SPECIAL OFFER: Save 30% off the regular price of Backstage, including Backstage.com and Backstage Magazine. Casting you and the family can trust. Jump Start your acting, modeling, and singing career today!
5. HOME GOODS: Want your bar to be as elegant as the set of MadMen or your master bath to Zen out? Zodax, as seen in In Style, People, Rachel Zoe & Elle Magazines, is hosting their annual Warehouse Sale on 12/12 through 12/14/13 (Thursday and Friday 8:00 a.m.- 4 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.). You’ll save an amazing 60%-80% on gift candles, table wear, home decor, vases, ornaments, barware, picture frames, candleholders, pillows, lanterns and more.
6. HEADSHOTS – Hollywood Mom Blog posts a select list of our preferred headshot photographers and we encourage you to look them over, click on the links and call the studios. ASK THEM – Are they offering any holiday specials? Any discounts for two or more kids? Are the Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles wondering what to get your child? This is a great time of year to get those pricey head shots paid for – they can even go in on them together as a group!
7. BOOKS: There are so many books that we as Hollywood Moms should be reading and should have our kids reading that soon I’ll be creating a Book Store on Hollywood Mom Blog. In the interim, I recommend the following holiday reads: Confessions of a Casting Director: Help Actors Land Any Role with Secrets from Inside the Audition Room; Actors Anonymous; Mom! I Want To Be A Star; Sensational Scenes for Kids: The Scene Study-Guide for Young Actors (Hollywood 101) and lastly Growing Up on the Set: Interviews with 39 Former Child Actors of Classic Film and Television.
8. CONVERSE – The un-official shoe of the child actor just got a little cooler for the holidays. Yep – Maxstar Polka Dots High-top Double Platform Canvas Sneakers Shoes are really happening. Do not adjust your screen. Would your daughter wear these to an audition? Mine might!
9. ACTING CLASSES – What could be a better Christmas gift for a young actor than a Pilot Season intensive with one of Los Angeles’ Top Kids Acting coaches, Cynthia Bain. In this camp your child will spend 3 days with Cynthia learning scene study AND on-camera audition technique during pilot season!
- Daily Scene Study
- Daily On-Camera Audition Technique / Cold Reading
- Daily Opportunity to watch your scenes back on our giant movie screen and get instant feedback.
- Jump-start your pilot season and sharpen your skills exclusively with the top youth coach in Hollywood.
When: February 11, 12, 13, 2014. (TUESDAY through THURSDAY 10:00am – 3:00pm)
Early Bird Special! Deposit of half made before Monday, December 16th, 2013 – $490 Balance Due on Febuary 1st, 2014 – $490 (For a total of only $980) * California Pizza Kitchen Lunch included everyday * Non-refundable Deposit of half due to secure your spot *10% discount for siblings. Call the studio to purchase your child’s gift today! 818-760-0060
10. TORY BURCH – OK I’ll admit I’m just a little jealous of our NYC counterparts as I post this. No, not jealous over your 27 degree weather while I’m shivering on a sunny, 68 degree day but plenty green with envy over this Tory Burch Sample Sale in your hood. It’s so good I’d brave your traffic and weather for it.
The Tory Burch Sample Sale is going on now through the 12/14 and includes their highly coveted women’s clothing, shoes, handbags and accessories. This will be up to 75% off retail. If any of our NYC Moms are headed over, CALL ME!
December 10, 2013 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
December 11, 2013 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
December 12, 2013 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
December 13, 2013 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
December 14, 2013 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tory Burch Sample Sale at Clothingline
261 West 36th Street
New York, NY 10018