The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) has made all of us “bean counters” of sorts. We’re obsessed with IMDB numbers and rankings – Have they gone up? Have they gone down?
Who’s the best? Who’s represented by the best? Who’s going to be the best next week? Next month? Next year? Who’s the best under the age of 40, 30, 20? And so on. Lists and rankings are an endemic obsession in popular American culture and we Hollywood Moms are not immune.
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) Clients include: Abigail Breslin, Kiernan Shipka, Jaeden Lieberher, Isabelle Fuhrman, Zendaya, Morgan Lily
- William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment Clients include: Chloe Grace Moretz, Elle Fanning
- United Talent Agency (UTA) Clients include: Elle Fanning (commercial), Peyton List
- ICM Partners Clients include: Ariel Winter, Quvenzhané Wallis, Kodi Smit McPhee, Chandler Riggs
- Paradigm Sabrina Carpenter, Holly Taylor, David Mazouz, Jaden Smith, Francesca Capaldi, Benjamin Stockham, McKenna Grace, Jonah Bobo, Olivia Holt, Amber Montana, Griffin Gluck, Garret Ryan, Ryan Ochoa
- Agency for the Performing Arts (APA) Clients include: Ryan Newman, Kylie Jenner
- The Gersh Agency
- Independent Talent Group *Mainbranch London
- Innovative Artists Clients include: Lilla Crawford, G. Hannelius
- Abrams Artists Agency Clients include: Ryan Potter, Paris Smith, Braxton Beckham
- United Agents *Mainbranch London
- Don Buchwald & Associates Clients include: Jillian Estell, Holly Taylor (commercial)
- The Artists Partnership *London
- Markham, Froggatt and Irwin *London
- Troika *London
- TalentWorks Clients include: Buddy Handelson, Landry Bender, Coy Stewart, Ryder Londo, Livvy Stubenrauch, Sedona Cohen
- Pantheon Talent Clients include: Abby Ryder Fortson
- Sovereign Talent Group Clients include: Lucy Angelo, Jade Duncan
- Cunningham Escott Slevin & Doherty (CESD) Clients include: Chandler Riggs (voice), Nolan Gould (voice) Emma Fuhrmann (commercial and voice)
- Curtis Brown Group *London
- Greene & Associates Talent Agency
So is this the list of “Best Agents?”
Yes and No. (Knew you’d love that answer.)
Yes, it’s obviously the top talent agencies, but no, it’s not necessarily the list of best agencies for child and teen actors.
For instance, this list eliminates Coast to Coast which represents some of the best young talent there is theatrically: Hailee Steinfeld, Joey King, Bailee Madison, Emjay Anthony, Nolan Gould, Madison Pettis, Yara Shahidi, Mackenzie Foy and so many others. And this list includes some agencies which don’t appears to represent any child actors, per their roster (Greene & Associates).
Of note – Abrams Artists Agency made this list as well as our “List of Top 10 Talent Agencies for Kids,” curated by CD Katie Taylor so it clearly stands out as an agency for child actors to aspire to.
Could you list kids from MPC agency?
I’m not sure I understand your question?
Hi, thanks for this list. Yesterday I took my children to a Premiere event held at the Gaylord hotel and conference center and almost instantly I knew that it was a money grab; so when I got the coveted folder showing me the prices that i’d have to pay if I wanted my child to be apart of the event held in Florida every year I wasn’t surprised. I feel bad for the other parents there that would shell out their hard earned money on such a obvious scam. Now my only problem is that my children would really like to try to become stars. What do I do now? I live in Maryland not California what should I do now?
Ramona, read this article https://hollywoodmomblog.com/how-to-become-a-child-actor/, then take that information and look for an agent to represent your child via this national list: https://hollywoodmomblog.com/about-tracy-bobbitt/talent-agents-kids/
I am hoping you can help me. We have been told our child has an amazing voice and is beautiful. She is only 9 years old. She now has a vocal coach and her vocal coach after three visits suggested that she try out for a lead in a play as she thinks she would get it. My question is…location! We live in Michigan and I feel like we have few options. Does it make sense to even look for an agent in NYC or California? Or should we just stick to local plays and build her skill set?
Many would suggest you stay local and build her resume first. However, in the meantime, you’re so close to Chicago. I would suggest also finding an agent there. There are a handful of Hollywood Moms living in Michigan with L.A. management and talent agents as well, but that’s predicated by your ability to travel, etc. Check our comprehensive agent list https://hollywoodmomblog.com/resources-for-child-actors/talent-agents-kids/