Effective January 1, 2012, California Labor Code Section 1308.5 allows a parent or guardian of a minor to apply on-line for a 10 Day Temporary Entertainment Work Permit which is issued immediately upon completion of an application and payment of the $50.00 application fee. This 10 Day Temporary Entertainment Work Permit is subject to the following conditions:
- It can only be issued once for a minor.
- It is only available to minors at least 15 days old and under 16 years old.
- It is only available to a minor whose parent or guardian has not previously applied for an Entertainment Work Permit.
- It is only available to a minor who has not previously been issued an Entertainment Work Permit.
- Due to the medical certification required per California Labor Code Section 1308.8 for minors between 15 days and one month old; 10 Day Temporary Entertainment Work Permits cannot be issued immediately for minors between 15 days and one month old. Following receipt and verification of the medical certification, the parent or guardian will receive an e-mail within one business day that the 10 Day Temporary Entertainment Work Permit has been approved and is ready for printing.
Thank you to Hollywood Mom Lilli Bauer for scouting this information! For details go to the website at https://permits.dir.ca.gov/tewp/